I recently discovered that under certain circumstances, for now it looks to be environment setting depended, that an ORA-25330 is encountered when running dbms_predictive_analytics.predict procedure. I found out of this problem while preparing a demo and certainly the error was comming up in TOAD (I am not a TOAD fan, but it is handy searching through the very big amount of factor columns in a GAPP analysis). When the same command below was executed directly on the server via sqlplus, the error was not encountered.
To investigate I tried to create a errorstack on the error, but without luck. So I started to do a sqltrace and found out that the ORA-25330 is actually on the server translated as ORA-40206. After I found that I created the following small test in TOAD: Continue reading